2nd Annual Nurse Symposium & Celebration
National Nurses Week, May 6-12, 2020
FantaSea One Yacht * Dock 52
13552 Fiji Way, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Site design by Nye & Foster
Hello and Welcome ... to my Operation Scrubs Nurse Symposium and Celebration website.
If you're a first-time visitor, or unaware of the inaugural May 6, 2019 event -- "Scrubs I " as it's now being referred -- was a tremendous success!
As indicated above, this website is currently under development and will change as new details become finalized. Current plans I'm able to share with you now include:
- Operation Scrubs 2 dates are May 6 - 13, 202 (National Nurses Week). Three symposium days are reserved Neuro, Med/Surg and Peds nurses. Two dates will recognize and offer symposium education for "Unsung Hero" and "Innovator" Nurses. The event ends on May 13, the annual celebration of Florence Nightengale's birthday.
- That "Priority Early Registration" will open on August 1, 2019, with symposium/post-event harbor dinner cruise capacity be limited to 130 invitations.
- The event will again off 8 or 8.5 hours of BRN CEU credit
- Additional invitations will be offered for the post-event harbor dinner cruise/National Nurses Day celebration but I don't know how many.
- Regarding both, registration will be on a first-come basis.
- Yes, if the event sells out, there will be a short waiting list available.
- This website will remain active until the new site is ready. Pages on this site being replaced or revised will be identified as "Under Development."
- As the Survey Monkey results indicate, Operation:Scrubs' curriculum, featured speakers, our stroke survivor panel, venue and food all received high marks. While not included in the official S/M scores, personal comments and emails about the post-event harbor dinner cruise and National Nurses Celebration also receive high marks.
Examples of what's being discussed for Operation:Scrubs II but not yet decided are:
- Online attendance for "sold out" dates.
- Multi-date events with different invitees, education, celebration, recreational activities
- Pamela Jane Nye Neuroscience Nursing Scholarship Presentations
- An "Official Hotel" (or "Hotels") offering discount lodging, also to/from venue transportation.
- As before, Operation:Scrubs staff and symposium presenters are volunteers.
- Scholarships are available to nurses seeking advanced neuroscience education.
- Regarding other symposiums I'll be conducting, please see www.neurosciencenursing.org for curriculum, date, time and location details.
Lastly (for now) if you'd like to receive "as it develops" emails about Operation:Scrubs,
including an advance registration reminder, use this Keep Me Posted link to sign-up.
Looking forward to seeing some of the Operation Scrubs I alumni, along with a whole 'boat-load' of new faces. So, until next time ...
*Pamela Jane Nye, RN, MS, CNS-BC, CNRN, SCRN, ENLS / President / CEO
1335 Palisades Drive, Pacific Palisades, CA, 90272
800-627-6156 Ext. 802 * www.neurosciencenursing.org
Sponsors, Vendors, and Contributors include:
* Neuroscience Nursing, Ltd
* FantaSea Yacht, Inc.
* Strategic Partners, Inc.